Thursday 12 January 2012

Ones To Watch Part 2


Part two of my must-watch films this year.


The Avengers
My inner superhero nerd is incredibly excited about this one, I can't even hide it! In this super sized blockbuster, a team of super humans are bought together by the mysterious S.H.I.E.L.D agency to save the earth from being completely destroyed by aliens (no pressure there then!)
This gives us the chance to welcome back some well-loved, familiar faces including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jnr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson).
This is Marvel Comics' piece de resistance and if it lives up to expectations, they could have the ultimate success on their hands.
Released April 17th 2012


American Reunion
This has the potential to be either atrocious or brilliant, I'm hoping for the latter but only time will tell if I get my wish.
It's films like this that make me feel old: has it really been that long since the original trilogy came out? It can't be, I remember the release of the first one like it was yesterday! Surely they can't be due a reunion, can they? Oh, they can. It's been a decade. Oh heck.
The pioneers of gross out comedy are back for another shot and a lot seems to have changed over the last few years (and I'm not just referring to Kevin's questionable choice in facial hair). Though I doubt they've grown up one little bit.
But of course the important thing is, Jim's dad will be back! Here's hoping he's on form.
Released August 2012




The Woman In Black
Well, someone doesn't want to be typecast do they? And who can blame him? After starring as Harry Potter in the well-loved franchise for the best part of ten years, I suppose it's only natural for Daniel Radcliffe to want to try something new. As departures go, this is about as extreme as it gets.
Radcliffe is playing a young lawyer who has been tasked with travelling to a remote village to sort through a deceased clients papers. But, in true horror film style, there ends up being a bit more to it than that. While working alone in the clients house, he glimpses a woman dressed only in black. When questioning the locals, he is met with silence so has to uncover the intentions of this mysterious figure on his own. I'm not a betting kind of girl, but I reckon it won't be anything good.
This looks utterly chilling and is a must see for lovers of the genre.
Released February 10th 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting!

Don't forget you can also follow this blog via Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin'.

Shona. x