Tuesday 24 January 2012

Turn It Up: Blasts From The Past


Since my blog has mostly been fashion-oriented over the past few days, I thought it was time I threw a bit of music in there to spice things up a bit. I'm in a bit of nostalgic mood after visiting my old uni campus earlier today, so my song selection is made up of tracks from the past few years. Some more recent than others. You can watch my number one video below as well.





  1. Kasabian- Fire This is one of my favourite songs of theirs. It's mind blowing live as well.
  2. White Lies- To Lose My Life “Lets grow old together, and die at the same time.” Morbid or romantic? You decide.
  3. Lady Gaga- Alejandro Reminds me of my holiday to Turkey in 2010. Lying by the pool with a cocktail, good times.
  4. Hard-Fi- Tied Up Too Tight I've been a fan of these guys from the beginning. I challenge you not to sing along.
  5. Beyoncé - Sweet Dreams. Pop Perfection. Who run the world? She does.
  6. Sunshine Underground- Put You In Your Place. Leeds' finest unsung talents. This is catchy as hell.
  7. Calvin Harris- Acceptable in the 80's. He's got hugs for you if you were born in the 80s, apparently. I'm holding him to that!
  8. Muse- Knights of Cydonia. Picking just one of their songs was hard, but in the end it had to be this epic number.
  9. Rihanna- Disturbia. Over three years later and I'm still not bored of this.
  10. Vampire Weekend- A Punk. I've spent many a night at the O2 Academy dancing my socks off to this.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for commenting!

Don't forget you can also follow this blog via Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin'.

Shona. x